Run Abinit in a Virtual Machine
- Version 9.4.2 compiled with GNU 9.3 and OpenMPI; included tools : agate/qagate, abipy, abigui,...
- Slow version of abinit with limited possibilities. Only useful for debugging (old)
- Base images for xenonpy project ( version 8.10.3 with cuda ) ( Dockerfiles )
In order to run ETSF softwares ( Yambo, DP/EXC, ABINIT,QE,...) without the hassle of installing the codes,
we have customized a virtual machine (5.5Gb, we are looking at lighter alternatives) - many thanks to the QuantumMobile team!
To use the virtual machine:
- Install VirtualBox on your laptop
- Download the virtual machine ova file, load it in VirtualBox (to do this go to File->Import Appliance), and run it.
[We have tested successfully the VM on virtualbox v.6; previous versions might not work].
You should now have a working Linux environment with all the above codes installed.
Quantum Mobile provides a uniform environment for quantum mechanical materials simulations.